Here at Nairobi Coffee we pride ourselves in being as environmentally friendly as possible.
In recent years we have taken our efforts in being as green as possible by setting up our own rainforest saving branch called Rainforest Resource.
Rainforest Resource is our own branch which protects endangered rainforest. In doing do this we are actively preventing global warming, protecting ecosystems and providing sustainable jobs for local people.
The current funding we supply is based in Rio Ene Peru and involves the Cutivereni, Parijaro and Camatatavishi communities. Since starting this initiative we have personally protected:
- 39,706 tonnes of CO2
- 35,736 Trees
- 17 Endangered Species
And achieved a further:
- Zero trees lost to logging
- Zero levels of debt bondage
- Community income levels up
- 22 partner villages committed to maintaining the rainforest canopy
- And a further 7 new communities applying for partnerships
(figures represent the dates: March 2010 - 2011)
Also, in 2012 we hope to contribute to:
- Tripling the size of the Peruvian projects to extend the forest shield north
- Double the value of cocoa crop
- Gain full organic certification for all products
- Twin 10 UK and Ashaninka schools
-Extend the fish farm project
You can also show your support by buying our new Rainforest Alliance coffee in the Ethical Coffee section of our shop.